CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Title: Administrative Assistant
Reports To: Chief Administrative Officer
The Administrative Assistant is diligent and detail-oriented team player who is responsible for receptionist duties as well as a wide variety of administrative support of the senior management team, Mayor and Council and other Town of Hampton employees. The Administrative Assistant shall possess a friendly and professional demeanor with the ability to uphold a high level of confidentiality while interacting with employees, management, Town Council and the public.
- Present a positive and professional image of the town office and senior management team to all visitors, suppliers, inquiries, and all members of the public.
- Provide direct administrative and office management support to all members of the management team, as directed.
- Receive, screen and redirect all inbound telephone calls, e-mails, and visitors for the town office.
- Review, evaluate, and distribute incoming mail and priority correspondence for Mayor and Council and senior management team.
- Maintain work schedules and calendars of senior management, including Mayor and Council.
- Prepare travel schedules, book travel arrangements, and make reservations for senior management staff, including Mayor and Council.
- Coordinate and manage IT issues as required.
- Coordinate and manage accounting duties under the direction of the Town Treasurer and working with the Accounting Assistant including, but not limited to, accounts receivable (receipting) using various town accounting programs and coordinating with various town staff/departments.
- Coordinate, organize and manage the internal filing system under direction of the Town Clerk supporting all members of the senior management team.
- Coordinate logistics of senior management team programs including meetings, seminars, workshops, special projects, and events.
- Work with town committees as required to provide administrative support including such duties as minute taking, agenda, meeting notices, ordering supplies, etc.
- Work as administrative support and staff liaison for the Joint Health and Safety Committee.
- Coordinate and schedule the Lighthouse River Centre, Town Hall and other relevant facilities in the Town of Hampton.
- Review all documents, reports, and correspondence prepared for senior management and/or Mayor and Council signatures for format, content, grammar, spelling and make edits as necessary.
- Prepare draft reports, background documentation, and research.
- Coordinate office activities.
- Maintain office environment such as kitchen, board room, conference room and council chambers.
- Troubleshoot and/or escalate office administration issues.
- Facilitate communication from senior management team, department managers and staff, business leaders, and project managers.
- Prepare and review presentations.
- Other duties shall be assigned as required.
- Completion of post-secondary education with job related courses (ie. Administrative Professional Program) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in an Administrative Assistant role (or equivalent) preferred.
- Strong knowledge of office procedures and practices.
- Keen attention to details.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point) as well having a strong aptitude and interest in learning the software programs specific to the Town of Hampton (ie. Filing and accounting programs).
- Resourceful, flexible and have the ability to multi-task.
- Proven organizational and time management skills.
- Required to operate computer and other relevant equipment.
- Interacts with employees, various management levels and the public at large.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Repetitive work.
- Overtime may be required as well as evening meetings.