Director of Public Works and Utilities:
Mike Raeburn, email@example.com
Public Works Supervisor:
Mark Cormier, firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: (506) 832-6095
Works Department Policies
Paving Driveways or Landscaping Ditches:
A Development Permit is required for the “Development of Town-Owned Property, including, but not limited to, paving onto Town Property and the building and/or landscaping of ditches.” A Development Permit is not required to “Build or pave driveways that do not cross onto Town property.” It is the property owner’s responsibility to ensure that they have a development permit, however the Town of Hampton is requesting that Paving Contractors ask the owner if they have one before commencing a job, to prevent delays if we are forced to stop your work until a permit can be obtained.
Policy For Bushes, Trees and Branches of Trees
On Public Land:
- All bushes, trees or branches of trees on public lands that interfere with clearly seeing regulatory and warning signs from an acceptable distance are to be removed.
- All bushes, trees or branches of trees on public lands that reduce the sight distance at an intersection so that a vehicle cannot safely turn from one street onto another, are to be removed.
- All bushes, trees or branches of trees not covered by #1 or #2, but on public lands, and causing a traffic/walking hazard, are to be removed in accordance with an annually prepared plan approved by Council.
- An annual educational program shall be directed at property owners to discourage them from planting bushes or trees which will eventually encroach upon public lands.
- Any trees in the Town of Hampton that are on Town property that are deemed by the Works Superintendent to be a safety concern, will be removed by the Works Department, after notice is given to the affected residents.