Objectives of the Leisure Services Advisory Committee are as follows:
- To advise the Leisure Services Director on long term strategic planning and policy development for the department.
- To recommend priorities for the annual budget process to the Director for presentation to Council.
- To review applications for all community, sporting or recreation organizations in the Town that require financial assistance, and submit recommendations to Council for inclusion in the Town Budget.
- To review project proposals and/or requests for funding from community organizations that impact the Leisure Services Department, and make recommendation to Council with respect to the type and level of support.
- To recommend to Council the special recognition of outstanding recreational achievement by an individual or group.
- To recommend Land for Public Purposes in new subdivision developments to Council before Council accepts Land for Public Purposes.
Chairperson & Council Representative:
Councillor Robert “Dewey” Doucet, email@example.com
Mayor Ken Chorley, firstname.lastname@example.org
Gena Fowler, email@example.com