Too many children in Hampton are watching from the sidelines. You can help put them in the game!
Who Can Apply?
All children and youth up to 18 years of age who are in need of financial assistance. Applications will be considered on a first come, first serve basis.
How to Apply – It’s as Easy as 1, 2, 3
1. Choose a community-based program of interest. (Limit of one activity per season)
2. Complete the application form.
3. Return the completed form in person to the Town of Hampton’s Leisure Services office (808 Main Street) or by mail to:
P.R.O. Kids – Confidental
c/o Hampton Community Club
17 Centennial Road, Unit 1
Each application requires a reference. The application form describes a reference as someone who is familiar with the situation of the applicant and can verify that the applicant requires assistance from P.R.O. Kids. The reference should be an adult who knows the child, is not a family member, and who is active in community activities. Examples given are: teacher, coach, clergy, social worker, group leader, or co-worker. If the applicant has difficulty finding a reference, the P.R.O. Kids Manager can offer additional suggestions.
• Applications are processed in the order in which they are received.
• P.R.O. Kids allows children/youth to access one activity each season – Fall, Winter, Spring & Summer.
• The service is for children/youth who are not participating in other paid recreation programs.
• P.R.O. Kids does not assume responsibility for registering children in activities. The parent/guardian is responsible for registering directly with the identified partner organization once P.R.O. Kids has linked them. If a child is registered in an activity before being approved by P.R.O. Kids, the parent/guardian is responsible for covering any costs associated with that activity until the time of approval.
• P.R.O. Kids does not reimburse parents; payment will be arranged directly with the program offering the activity.
• The parent/guardian is responsible for ensuring that the child attends the program. If for some reason the child can no longer participate, the parent/guardian must contact P.R.O. Kids so another child can fill the space.