Partners for Climate Protection (PCP)
Partners for Climate Protection
The Town of Hampton, NB is pleased to be participating in The Partners for Climate Protection (PCP) program. The PCP program is a network of Canadian municipal governments that have committed to reducing greenhouse gases (GHG) and to acting on climate change. Since the program's inception in 1994, over 250 municipalities have joined PCP, making a public commitment to reduce emissions.
PCP is the Canadian component of ICLEI's Cities for Climate Protection (CCP) network, which involves more than 1,100 communities worldwide. PCP is a partnership between the Federation of Canadian Municipalities (FCM) and ICLEI — Local Governments for Sustainability.
The program empowers municipalities to take action against climate change through a five-milestone process that guides members in creating GHG inventories, setting realistic and achievable GHG reduction targets, developing local action plans, and implementing plans using specific, measurable actions to reduce emissions.
For more information on the Town of Hampton's involvement contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Milestone 1: Corporate Inventory
- Milestone 1: Community Inventory
- Milestone 2: Corporate & Community GHG Reduction Targets
- Milestone 3: Corporate & Community GHG Reduction Action Plan
Get Involved!! You can decrease GHG emissions by using less energy in your home or business, using less water, travelling less, and reducing your waste production.
- Reducing Energy Use:
- NB Power offers three programs to increase energy efficiency of buildings such as the Low Income Energy Savings Program, the Commercial Buildings Retrofit Program, and the Home Insulation Energy savings program https://www.nbpower.com/en/smart-habits/energy-efficiency-programs/
- Visit http://smarthabits.ca/ for more information on how to reduce energy use.
- Home renovations directory
- Reducing Water Consumption: Reducing your water consumption decreases the amount of energy used by the Town’s sewage system https://www.ec.gc.ca/eau-water/default.asp?lang=En&n=F25C70EC-1
- Reduce Waste Production: Recycling and Composting can reduce your household waste by 40% and reduce your carbon footprint, as these items are not contributing to methane production in landfills.
- Interested in determining your carbon footprint? Check out this Carbon Footprint Calculator: http://calculator.carbonfootprint.com/calculator.aspx